NSLAC provides free coaching to our members 3pm – 5pm Sunday afternoons at Rotary Athletics Field.
Coaching is split into two 55 minute sessions and we try to offer a variety of disciplines based on coach availability.
Coaching will be advertised on TeamApp with pre-registration through Signup Genius.
Notes and Rules
- Coaching is only available to athletes U8 and above
- occasionally there will be fitness sessions run for U7 athletes – check announcements on TeamApp
- Athletes are permitted to attend both sessions but may not do back-to-back sessions in the same event.
- For their wellbeing, we recommend limiting U8 to U10 to only one session of training.
- Athletes must sign in before their session.
- Athlete numbers are strictly limited for each session – if a session is not at capacity registration, athletes who have not pre-registered may request to join a session on the day.
- Parents must remain at Rotary Field at all times during training and remain a safe distance from the training athletes.
- This condition will be reviewed to ensure our attendance numbers are consistent with COVID-19 Health regulations.
- Athletes are not required to wear club uniform for coaching sessions.
- Athletes should arrive wearing suitable footware which are not spikes. Spikes may only be worn if and when the coach advises
- Athletes who are disruptive or behaving inappropriately may be excluded from the session by the coach. This is at the coach’s discretion.
- Cancellations – If there is a coaching cancellation due to weather or other reasons it will be posted to TeamApp as soon as practicable.
NSLAC maintains an experienced and qualified coaching panel for our athletes. Where an athlete is interested in private coaching, members of our coaching panel might be available to provide private coaching (at a cost to the athlete). Our coaches are are recruited to fill the needs of NSLAC but may also be able to provide coaching in events other than those our club uses them for.
If you are looking for a private coach and a member of our panel is not available to suit your circumstances you can also identify accredited coaches through the Athletics Australia (AA) website. NSLAC recommends you only use AA accredited coaches.
Members of the regular NSLAC coaching panel are listed below:
- Andy Burton
- Matthew Butler
- Richard Butler
- Beth Croft
- Alec Diamond
- Ryan Dowling
- David Hudson
- Hassan Rasheed