18 November Carnival with Ku-Ring-Gai LAC
(Updates below @ 16 November)
Please note: This carnival is a joint carnival with our host club. There will be more athletes than we are used to and we will be working with parents who may have a different approach to us. As such, the carnival will take longer than usual and won't be what you are used to. At all times, remember the aim is to make sure the kids have a fun time.
- Sign up for your 18 November volunteer duty here (we will be working with KLAC so some nominated helpers may not be needed).
- The event program is a modified Bannockburn week 4 program. There will be no walks, the start time is 8:45am, unless you're doing Jav and the 3000m start at 8am. Allow plenty of time for your arrival as parking will naturally fill up.
- Rain is forecast from Thursday through Saturday so watch here and Twitter (@NSLAC) for updates on Saturday morning.
- Get your uniform order in at the NSLAC store by lunch time on Thursday to be able to collect your order at Bannockburn on the coming Saturday.
- A map of Bannockburn Oval can be found here.
- Detailed information relating to State Relays can be found on this page of our website
- Parent duty roster sign up and Program of Events now available on the State Relays page (linked in the above dot point).
- Athletes must to pay their $10 entry fee now through the online store (see link on upper right of this page)
Little As Rule Changes - Apply from State Relays onwards
Little Athletics has adopted some IAAF rule changes which will be applicable from the State Relay Championships next weekend. The rules affect:
- Takeover zones in 4x100m will be 30m long.
- Time for completion of field trials (in all field events) will be reduced to 30s
Full details here.
Newsletters - 2017-18 Issue 2 is now available
We are pleased to let our members know that NSLAC will be having morning carnivals at Bannockburn Oval for the final three weeks of 2017 (leading into Zone on 9/10 December). These carnivals will involve two joint carnivals with our KLAC hosts and they offer an opportunity for our athletes to mix and compete with a range of athletes. These carnivals will also help to get us as a club back into the ‘morning groove’ for our return to Rotary in the New Year. The carnivals are:
- 18 November 2017 - joint morning carnival with KLAC
- 25 November 2017 – NSLAC morning carnival at which KLAC visitors are welcome
- 2 December 2017 - joint morning carnival with KLAC
More details will follow in the near future so please keep an eye on the website (and read your age manager emails) for details.
Subject to Willoughby Council confirmation that the oval is open, at this stage we plan to resume after our Christmas/New Year break back at Rotary Field on Saturday 13 January 2018. Again, please watch out for announcements on the website and emails from your age manager nearer the time.
- Detailed information (relating to the below) can be found on this page of our website
- Zone Nominations - Draft for checking available on Zone page linked above. Comments/Questions/Feedback to your Age Manager ONLY before 22 November)
- Zone nominations have closed
- Zone exemption applications should have been with LANSW before 4 November
- Parent duty roster nomination is on-line and available now
- The carnival will be held at Barton Park Parramatta on the 9th and 10th of December and the program of events is available
Interested in Senior Athletics?
Athletes in the U12 to U17 age groups have dual membership with a senior Athletics NSW club (for many, you will have chosen UTS Norths). If you are interested in learning about participating in senior athletics, please read the NSLAC Guide. In particular, please note the details about the NSW senior State Relays - they are approaching (4 and 5 November) and UTSN is looking for interested athletes.
A Message from our Sponsor - Chatswood Orthodontics
Chatswood Orthodontics is proud to once again be a sponsor of Northern Suburbs Little Athletics. Dr Nour Tarraf began practicing here in 2010, and took over full ownership in 2012. With a commitment to the Chatswood area, Dr Tarraf and his team have always been active in supporting local teams and events.
Orthodontic treatment is a large commitment whether you are an adult having treatment, a young child, or a teenager's parent, and we believe in making the entire process as comfortable as possible.
Dr Tarraf has always dedicated himself to the best care and treatment options available for all his patients. For adults, we offer a full range of "Invisible" options, including Invisalign and lingual or inside braces, and also options to reduce your treatment time. For children we believe in the correct timing of treatment with their growth, and as they become teenagers offering the same invisible options to allow them to continue with their sport and music activities.
Special offer for Northern Suburbs Little Athletics members - ½ price for consultations (normal price $290 - special price $145), and 5% discount on all treatment.
2017-18 Season Information
The NSLAC 2017-18 Season Information Sheet provides an overview of our centre and its workings when we have access to our home ground.
If you have yet to finalise your membership (but have paid and registered online) you will not be able to do this at Bannockburn until after 2pm on Saturday the 23rd. You will not be able to compete before your registration is complete.
- Saturday 23 September - Season starts @ Bannockburn Oval from 1pm
As you have seen here earlier, we will be holding our carnivals at Bannockburn Oval, Pymble on Saturday afternoons until Rotary Field is open again.
Our competitions will commence at approximately 1pm every week and the first carnival will be held on Saturday 23 September 2017. Please watch this website for details of the Event Program and parent roster nearer the time. ROTARY FIELD At the moment, we do not know when Willoughby Council will re-open Rotary Field.
The establishment of the newly laid turf is entirely dependent on the weather, but rest assured as soon as the Council reopen the field, we will revert to our usual Saturday morning competitions there. Again, please watch this website for any updates as they become available to us.
If you have not yet done so, you can register here for the upcoming season: Centre Registration System or http://www.lansw.com.au/ and select the big blue box ‘REGISTER HERE’ on the right hand side of the screen.
NSLAC Management Committee
Plan your 2017-18 season - Zone and Aus. All Schools clash this year
As dates are starting to be confirmed for the coming season we'll be updating the season calendar and Championship event information. This season Zone will clash with The Australian All Schools Track and Field Championships so we have some information about exemptions for affected athletes posted on the Zone Championships page.
Our Major Sponsor - Chatswood Orthodontics
Our major sponsor is Chatswood Orthodontics. Chatswood Orthodontics is owned by Dr Nour Eldin Tarraf and the practice has been in operation for 35 years (previously as the Sydney Smile Specialists). Chatswood Orthodontics is based in Spring St Chatswood, in the centre of the Chatswood shopping precinct and provides services for adults and children alike. NSLAC says thank you very much to Dr Tarraf and his team and we encourage our members and their families to support them as they support us.